Consultation and Management
Disabilities and Compensation Issues
DIRECTOR & MEDICO-LEGAL CONSULTANT:
DR CARY T.T. OOI, MBBS, JP, GCAE, Dip Health Law
36 Excalibur Avenue, CASTLE HILL NSW 2154
Phone/Fax: 61 (02) 9680 2560
- To provide expert testimony for victims of medical negligence.
- To assist plaintiffs' lawyers in their claims against insurance companies, hospitals, health
- To empower patients to claim monetary damages in personal injury claims.
- To reduce medical stress and suicides in defendant doctors.
- To expose medical-defence fraud, as in Ooi J v Bishop, Assunta Hospital, Dr Gwen Smith G
- To disclose conspiracy (against patients, judges) between Law and Medicine, as in Ooi J, TT v
Smith G (Malaysia, 1986).
- To reduce Nervous Shock in survivors of medical negligence and their carers, as in Hayes R, K v
South Sydney AHS, NSW 1996.
- To ensure that doctors' premium payments to their insurers and medical defence unions(MDUs)
end up as equitable compensation payouts to their injured patients.
- To monitor actual compensation paid by MDUs to plaintiffs.
- To inform authorities about perjury by professionals, as in Ooi C v MDU 1988.
Bulk-billing (for medical management). Cheques/cash (for medicolegal reports, expert court
testimony) No fees payable (pro bono) where patients are disadvantaged financially.
English, Indonesian, Malaysian, Chinese dialects.
If you have a medico-legal problem please do not hesitate to send us a
letter. All inquiries will be received in the strictest confidence, your
privacy will be fully respected.
These pages copyright © 1998 Medical Defence Conspiracy. All rights reserved.
C.Ooi P/L ABN 61 002 538 552 trading as Medical Defence Conspiracy
Site Last Updated: October 2000