Director and Medicolegal Consultant
2000: Medical Director, Medical Defence Conspiracy, United Medicolegal Remedies
1998: Medical Director, Disabilities and Compensation Pty Ltd
1994: Visiting Medical Officer, West Sydney Disability Services, Rydalmere.
1991: Medico-legal Advisor, Medical Consumers Association (MCA), NSW
1989: Vice President, MCA
1988: Consultant, Human Rights Australia ( in: Rights of Child, Mentally Retarded Persons and Disabled Persons)
1988: Justice of the Peace, NSW
1986-1993: Medical Officer, West Sydney Developmental Disability Services
1976-1977: Medical Officer, Marsden Hospital for Handicapped Children, Sydney
1968-1969 Medical Officer in Paediatrics, Assunta Hospital, Malaysia
1966-1967: Registrar in Internal Medicine, Malaysia
1964-1965: Clinical Specialist in Anaesthesia, Malaysia
1962-1963: Intern in Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Malaysia
Amnesty International (AI)
Australian Medical Association (AMA)
Australian Plaintiff Lawyers' Association (APLA)
Australian Society for Severe Communication Impairment (AGOSCI)
Brain Injury Association (BIA)
Chinese Australian Forum (CAF)
For Legally Abused Citizens (FLAG)
Free Speech Committee (FSC)
Medical Consumers Association (MCA), NSW
People with Disabilities (PwD)
United Nations Association of Australia (UNAA)
Western Sydney Division of General Practice (WSDGP)
Whistleblowers Australia (WA)
1998: Anxiety, Depression and Adjustment Disorders
1995: Health Care Litigation, Sydney, 9 Sep 95.
1992: A State Legal Conference
1991: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
1990: 9th Commonwealth Law Conference, Auckland; Scientific Fraud, Sydney
1988: Doctors, Patients and the Law
1987: Expressive Communication and Environmental Control
1983: Legal Medicine and Forensic Sciences, Singapore
1976: Congress on Rehabilitation Medicine, Southampton, UK
1997 Expert Medical Witness Training; AMA, Sydney. 8 November
1997: Graduate Certificate in Applied Ethics, Aust Catholic University
1995: Intensive Courses in Bioethics, John Plunkett Centre, Sydney June 95
1988-1992: Solicitors Admission Board, Sydney University
1988: Law Procedures Course, Sydney University
1981: Linguistics Today, Sydney University
1956 - 1962: M.B.B.S (University of Singapore)
MEDICO-LEGAL PAPERS, PRESENTATIONS & SUBMISSIONS
1. Jaundice in Term Infants. 5th Asian Congress of Paediatrics, Malaysia, 1985
2. Injustice when Defendant Turns Medical Expert. 1st International Greek Congress of Legal Medicine and Forensic Sciences. Athens, 1987.
3. Capacity of Police to combat Organised Crime [medical defence fraud and conspiracy]. Parliament of Aust. Joint Committee on the National Crime Authority. 11 Dec 89.
4. Medical defence fraud. In: Johnstone MJ; BIOETHICS - A Nursing Perspective, WB Saunders Bailliere Tindal 1989.178-179.
5. Justice for Migrant Doctors and Medical Victims. Multiculturalism and the Law. Aust Law Reform Commission (ALRC), Sydney, 23 Sep 9.
6. Informed Decisions about Medical Intervention. Submission to National Health Research Medical Council (NHRMC), Australia. 23 Dec 91.
7. Doctor takes a scalpel to Injustice. Sydney Morning Herald. 9 April 92.
8. Consumer Watchdog has GP Adviser. Aust Doctor Weekly, 12 June 92.
9. Do Medical Defence Unions deny fair compensation to medical victims? Concerned Citizens against Medical Negligence. Sydney 20 Sep 93.
10. Physiological Jaundice - An update. Paper for Aust J MDU, 27 June 94.
11. False medical testimony by defendant-expert. In: Johnstone MJ; NURSING - and the Injustices of the Law. WB Saunders, Bailliere Tindal 1994, 197.
12. Medical Defence Kills - in more ways than one. Letter to GPs in NSW; Jan - May 1995.
14. Physiological Jaundice - a Medicolegal Update, 14th WONCA World Conference,Hong Kong, 10-14 June 1995.
15. Paediatrics - a new version by MDU. Ibid
16. Improper Medical Defence: Reason for Medical Suicides? Ibid
17. Experts testifying against GPs in court - GPs should be judged by GPs. Ibid
18. Care of the Newborn: Jaundice, Hypoglycaemia, Hypothermia. Taskforce on Quality in Australian Health Care, Dept of Human Services and Health. 22 Aug 95, 6 Oct 95
19. An End to Defence Unions. Medical Observer, 1 Sep 95, 47
20. Medical Litigation: Can medical evidence be objectively assessed for legal action? Children and Disabilities - The Big Issues. Australasian Cerebral Palsy Association (ACPA), 9 Dec 95
21. More on Neonatal Jaundice; Medical Observer, 16 Feb 96, 6
22. Is there a malpractice crisis? Medical Observer, 1 March 96, 43
23. Jaundiced Views on Jaundice. Medical Observer, 15 March 96, 43
24. From warm womb to cold, dark and empty room. Symposium on Perinatal Medicine. University of NSW, 31 March 1996
25. Are you a creative sociopath? Medical Observer, 21 June 96, 51
26. Children and the legal process. Australian Law Reform Commission ALRC), Human Rights & Equal Opportunity Commission (HREOC); 7 Aug 96
27. Code of Conduct for MPs. Ethics Committee, NSW Parliament, 14 Aug 96
28. Hidden cost of medical defence. Medical Observer, 30 Aug 96, 7
29. Early maternal discharge: risks of disabilities in term neonates. New Children's Hospital,Sydney, 28-30 August 1996
30. The defence of medical mishaps: Impact on the health of physicians and patients. Entry for the LANCET Wakley Prize, 12 Oct 96.
31. Understanding drug-dependent doctors. Second International Conference on Medical Registration, Melbourne 27-30 October 1996
32. What to do when a patient sues. Medical Observer, 8 Nov 96, 39
33. Unintentional Child Neglect by Health Professionals. Legislative Review Unit, Dept of Community Services (DOCS), Sydney 18 Feb 97
34. Review of the Adversarial System of Litigation, ALRC; 6 Aug 97
35. Medical Defence: more victories than defeats. Plaintiff, October 97, p 33
Last Updated: February 2000