- by Peter
Homework Assignment Week 1
For this week's homework task, complete these practice exercises:
- Construct an argument, consisting of two premises
which are incontestably true and worthy of your classmate's belief, and a
logical conclusion that follows these premises.
- Construct an argument, consisting of two premises, where one
or both rely on hidden premises, as explained in this lesson,
and a conclusion which follows the premises.
- Reconstruct the argument in Exercise #2 and fill in the blanks,
replacing the hidden premises with credible facts,
so that the conclusion follows premises.
- All computers require electricity to operate.
- My house has a computer which operates.
- My house has electricity available.
- Rooves need walls to hold them up.
- All houses which are completed, and have subsequently not been damaged and have been accepted by building codes in Australia for human housing, have a roof.
Rooves need walls to hold them up; although they could be held up by columns or open framework, the accepted support for a house roof is a wall as this seals the interior from the weather making the house habitable in all weather conditions.
- All completed and undamaged houses which are habitable in all weather conditions have walls.